Replacing Harmony 700

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by chilluk, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. chilluk

chilluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have an ageing Harmony 700 which is getting frustrating to use as some of the buttons only respond when you have pressed them about 20 times! It has served me well however and I'd like to get as close a replacement to it as I can, especially as the wife and kids also get along with the current remote.

The obvious choice seems to be a 650 which seems to still be available new? Can I use the profile I have for my 700 directly to configure a 650 as it would save a lot of setup time?!

Any other recommendations? It needs to be hard buttons, ideally not too expensive as the 700 gets dropped on regular occasions. My kit is also fairly old now - I have Sony TV, BD, & Amp, Sky Box, XBox 360 and a Dimplex fire to control which are all IR currently.

Cheers

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,174
    Provided the new remote has the enough devices and actions to match your old remote you should be able to update it by simply logging into your account. If the buttons are a bit different you might have to remap a few.

3. deadmonkey

deadmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I've been having exactly the same dilemma.

I've read a minority of users with models much higher up the range who experienced frustrating issues, so feeling pretty happy with what I've had the 650 seems good, same features and suitable activity limit.

Just waiting for it to come back in stock at John Lewis.

4. rash711

rash711
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are still looking, Amazon has the 700 for a good price. I have been debating what to replace my 650 that my son kneeled on with. Flip flopping between a used harmony one and the new 700 or sticking with the 650.

Cheers