Replacing Ford Focus Speakers and Head Unit

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by thread1985, Sep 6, 2007.

1. thread1985

thread1985
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning on putting my Pioneer head unit into my focus, i already have the cable from my previous car, i no i need a facia adapter, but what i wanted to know was what items i will need to install new speakers, and i have a focus factory fitted remote on the steering colomn will it be possible to get this to work with my head unit and if so what items will i need to complete it.

Many thanks

G

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,506
    I'm not sure what size of speakers are fitted to the Focus (depends on the year but prob 5x7") but if you want to change the fronts with 13cm ones then you will need something like an Autoleads speaker adaptor. I've heard of folks using mondeo ones as well to fit 6.5" speakers. Some folks cut mdf ones and fit them for better sq. To get the Pioneer HU working with the Ford steering wheel remote, you will need an adaptor like this one.

3. se1boy

se1boy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am replacing my head unit with the pioneer deh-p700bt cos my standard ford head unit got stolen.
    i am alaso thinkin gbout putting in new speakers cos the standard ones r rubbish but i want speakers that just replaces the ones in the door without cutting any of the door panel

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008