Replacing a Panasonic EX77

davet010

Novice Member
In a fit of generosity, I'm donating my EX77 to my parents to go with their new TV. I'm looking to replace it, so am I best going with the EX88 at about £300 or waiting for the EX89 ? It'll be linked to a Sky HD box.

Cheers

Gavtech

Administrator
In a fit of generosity, I'm donating my EX77 to my parents to go with their new TV. I'm looking to replace it, so am I best going with the EX88 at about £300 or waiting for the EX89 ? It'll be linked to a Sky HD box.

Cheers
I don't think there is going to be an EX89.

The top of the range appears to have been readjusted to incorporate the new twin tuner freesat models.

In any case, had a an EX89 model appeared, it would have been virtually identical to the EX88...

... so just go for an EX88

Good luck.

alsina

Novice Member
I don't think there is going to be an EX89.

The top of the range appears to have been readjusted to incorporate the new twin tuner freesat models.

In any case, had a an EX89 model appeared, it would have been virtually identical to the EX88...

... so just go for an EX88

Good luck.
What makes you think this? We have the EX89 on order from Panasonic UK and it is featured in their new brochure/catalogue, so this would suggest it is on its way.

Gavtech

Administrator
What makes you think this? We have the EX89 on order from Panasonic UK and it is featured in their new brochure/catalogue, so this would suggest it is on its way.
Ah - fine.

What lead me to that conclusion is that unusually Panasonic create a dual manual for the 7*/8* machines ... and with this seasons models they created a sole EX79 manual...which seemed odd.

Then the EX89, although I remember it appearing briefly on the Panasonic site, it was removed.... and it has remained absent for some time when they have a plethora of models, old and new and some yet to be released.

It looked like there had been some repositioning and changes in their plans, hence my conclusion.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom