• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Replacing a factory fit to aftermarket CarPlay...

MrMav11

If removing a factory fit unit to replace it with a CarPlay head unit, the existing had a DAB, the new one would also have DAB, would you still have to fit a DAB glass aerial or something? could you not use wherever the exisiting DAB aerial is on the factory fit one?

There doesn't seem many CarPlay with DAB as well. If fitting, I wouldn't want to downgrade (as I use DAB a lot) from a DAB to a FM. Just seen a new Kenwood one DMX7017DABS, thats a reasonable price.

Also I'd want the steering controls to still work with a CarPlay is this possible? is it just a "wire" that plugs in, or is it more complicated and there may be compatibility issues?

Also wouldn't mind getting a rear view camera at same time, are these expensive add ons? I'd prefer a professional fit, how much do car audio/electric places charge for fitting a unit, and camera?

I've seen Halfords charge £30, can't imagine its only this price to pull out original factory fit and fit a CarPlay in is it?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom