• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacing a circular T5 Fluorescent Tube?

AMc

Distinguished Member
I can't really find anywhere appropriate for this but I'm going around in circles :blush: so perhaps you kind people can help?

I have a bathroom mirror with a circular T5 tube behind it.
We fitted it in 2009, I finally worked out how to remove the front and get at the tube but I'm struggling to find a direct replacement.
Habitat have discontinued it and I can't remember what it's called anyway.

The fitting says T5 Max 32W
The tube says "Jinling" or perhaps "Linling" and "FCL 32W/T5 2700K"
The tube seems to have a 2GX13 fitting
The overall diameter is about a 240mm internal 270mm external (it doesn't seem perfectly circular)

I'm struggling to find anything online. It's also not clear if when sites are describing their circular tubes if you measure the internal or external width - guessing external?
None seem to match what I have and there are clips in the fitting that the tube has to fit in.

I'm also struggling to find 32W tubes warm white tubes and I don't want anything dimmer.

Here's some pictures, any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

IMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG
IMG_1916.JPG

AMc

Distinguished Member
Is this any good?

SYLVANIA T5 Circular Plus 40w 840 Cool White | eBay

Might be too big at 299mm diameter.
Cheers for replying but it is too big.
It's also 40W not 32W and cool white 4000K not 2700K.
I'm not sure how critical 8W over is, but it's a sealed bathroom fitting so I'm guessing too much heat will shorten the life of the tube at the least.
I can find a lot of circular T5 tubes but so far nothing that matches what I've got.

Dr3wmurphy

Novice Member
Hi, I found this thread due to the exact same issue! I can't find a T5 32W 270mm diameter circular fluorescent online. Did you find a solution to this? Any help appreciated!

AMc

Distinguished Member
Hi, I found this thread due to the exact same issue! I can't find a T5 32W 270mm diameter circular fluorescent online. Did you find a solution to this? Any help appreciated!
No I completely failed to find the tube anywhere. I went to various electrical wholesalers and struck out.

In the end I replaced it with 1m of LED tape made into a loop inside the fitting.
This is what I used...
Mains Voltage 230V 3000k Warm White Premium LED Tape IP67 5630 (per metre)
I bought the mains accessories extra and wired the bare ends in bypassing the transformer for the original circular tube.
It's a fair bit brighter than the tube but as it shines out of the sides of a mirror unit that's OK. It doesn't demist the mirror as effectively as the tube because it runs cooler.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom