Replacing a 715

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyh41, Dec 29, 2000.

1. andyh41

andyh41

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys,
    I'm thinking of swapping out my sony 715 for a DTS compatible player. As i'm happy with the player in all other respects is it really worth it?
    If the answer is yes, what should I replace it with. It seems to me that the hardware is so much better these days for less cash, and a lot of the recent HCC reviews show that technically wise the mid price decks outperform my once top spec model. Basically I don't want to spend much loot (<£300), so what can people recommend. The current toshiba's seem to perform well but ideally I need two scarts. CD replay is not an issue for me..any ideas?

2. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Andyh41,

If you are happy with the Sony then get the Sony 725(Techtronics.com) they are doing a good deal at the moment.

If not try looking at the Pioneers.

Remember to check if it will play RCE dvd's.

Both the Sony's and Pioneers should play them!(my Sony725 does!)

3. andypearce

andypearce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I too had a 715 and replaced it with a multi-region Sony 325 from Techtronics over a year ago and the machine was an improvement. I think its been replaced by the 335 and 336 (£239 + vat). If you have a separate HC amp and don't need onboard decoding then this should be the machine for you. The Sonys have the option of manual region select so yuo don't have to worry about RCE.
    Hope this helps,
    Andy

[This message has been edited by andypearce (edited 03-01-2001).]