Replacing a 55U7A

here's jonny

Hi
Just bought a HiSense 55" U7A but I'm having issues with image quality.
I've sent various photos to HiSense and they agree it's faulty.

So do I get another one or is there a better model to buy ?
I like the look and features of the U7A but if there is something better I don't mind paying a bit more. Viewing angles etc were fine on the U7A.

Thanks

Dodgexander

If you want to try a different model the Samsung NU8000 is very recommended. Its price has dropped a lot more than the U7A making it usually only a little more.

As far as faults go, generally the manufacturers are always the same so there is probably an equal chance you get a good or bad Samsung as there is with Hisense.

Comparison here: Question - Any advice on a 55" familly TV upgrade ?

here's jonny

Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
A lot of what I've been watching on Netflix is in HDR so the better that is would be good.

It's a shame the HDR on my U7A makes the image look worse than 4k on my older 43" HiSense M3000.

The NU8000 is about £300 more than the HiSense, unless I can persuade the supplier tondo some sort of deal when they take the U7A back..

Is it worth paying the extra, or is there a better model to buy ?
Thanks

Dodgexander

The difference should be £200, not £300. At least those are the prices of the TVs in the likes of Currys or Richer, although prices do fluctuate a lot.

The NU8000 will be a little better than the U7A for HDR but it still doesn't make the mark compared to more expensive TVs.

Its worth £200 extra probably, maybe not £300. It depends on your uses. The link I gave should give you an idea of what you'll benefit from compared to the U7A. There is significantly more value if you are a gamer, for instance.

Unfortunately there is no one size fits all answer as everyone uses their TVs differently.

Next step up for decent HDR would be the Sony XF9005 and even better, the LG B8 OLED.

here's jonny

The U7A cost £469 the NU8000 is around £749 for the same supplier, so it is quite a difference..

I'll see what they say tomorrow.. thanks

Dodgexander

I'd probably get another U7A then since you got such a good deal. There is no TV that gets close to its value until you get to the NU8000.

The closest would probably be the Philips 6 series, whilst it should come with a VA type panel (we do not know for sure compared to the Hisense) its still only a 60hz one compared to the Hisense's 120hz and also lacks a wide colour gamut.

Simply put, Hisense are selling the U7A so cheap that I am sure they aren't making any money from it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom