Replacements for Mission 753 & 752

drsox

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Mission 753s are starting to fail. One by one the bass drivers are going. I can continue to look for s/h units or look for a replacement.

I have a bunch of 753s and 752s and since they sound roughly the same, if I replace one I am eventually going to replace all of them.

I only listen to music with them - no surround TV etc.

What is the modern equivalent of these two ?

I would prefer a "big" version and a "small" version as the "big" 753s are just too heavy to get up the stairs, but the 752s are fine for upstairs.

Budget at this point is not an issue as the current stuff has lasted 15 years or so.

Thanks

I've recently upgraded my 752 freedoms with KEF XQ30's and although I'm over the moon with them, IMHO the 752's are a hard act to follow.

Even though the KEF's were substantially more than the missions, there have been a couple of times I've thought "I prefer the way the 752's reproduced a that track", so you might have to dig deep into you pockets if you're going to replace both :)

Thanks for the info. :)

Yes, it looks like it will be an effort to replace them all.

As all my 753s now have problems, maybe I'll replace them as an interim with ebay 752s while I find the funds for a complete change. :(

mission e34s are the speakers that look most like a 753 replacement with the layout of the speakers cones etc. They were £650 but have now been reduced to about £300 new. If I were you I'd look at getting some of those. Any 752s you get off ebay could be on the way out as well as they'll also be 15 yrs old.

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh ? I can't find that on the Mission site.

Which of the e series is equivalent to the 752 and which to the 753 ?

I did also wonder about "old" 752s but they seem (on my sample of 2) to be less prone to fail than 753s.

Thanks. Same weight +/- as the 752's. I'll go find some to listen to.

Thanks. Any idea what they weigh ? I can't find that on the Mission site.

Which of the e series is equivalent to the 752 and which to the 753 ?

I did also wonder about "old" 752s but they seem (on my sample of 2) to be less prone to fail than 753s.

The 752 had a custom made driver which is much more robust than the cheaper drivers used in the 753's. You should be able to pick up some 753 drivers or substitues quite easily, the 752 however is another story!
To be honest I still use my 752's daily for music & in my opinion theres no reason why they should not go on for many years yet.

I would think the E54's in gloss black would be the model to look at they were £999 but you can get them now for £450 @ creative audio they look & sound superb! My best mate has some 753's & he said mine sound crystal clear & he was loving the looks & finish:cool:

I too see no reason why your 752's should die anytime soon, as has been stated the areogel woofers were more expensive than the paper cones in the 753's.

As for replacements the successors to the 75 range were the 78's (752 -> 782 & 753 -> 783)

The 78 series are no more, however there is now a 79 series which look uncannily similar. The two models are the 794 and 796.

I would suggest the 794 is the spiritual successor to the 752s while the 796 is the same to the 753.

Only found one review of the 794 which was ...ok

Other mission speakers in the same kind of bracket were the E82's and E83's but I think they have been [-]disconnected[/-] discontinued. :D

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the info. :thumbsup:

Now I know why my 753s are more likely to fail than my 752s.

I'm tempted by an ebay offer on a showroom clearout of a pair of E82s, but I'll post what I eventually do do.

I too see no reason why your 752's should die anytime soon, as has been stated the areogel woofers were more expensive than the paper cones in the 753's.

I know this is an old thread but -

I have 753's too - I like the look and sound from them.

If it was possible to find the correct spec driver - would it be worthwhile changing the drivers in the 753's for a better quality aerogel driver from peerless or audax ?

I know the OEM drivers for the 753 were only around £18 each from mission earlier this year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom