1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Z1 has arrived.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, May 20, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    OK, so the replacement PJ arrives at about 3.30pm. Set it up. Great. No overtly noticeable vertical banding, other than what I expected. Very watchable when compared to the last unit and no vertical distraction what so ever.

However, then I notice a dead or blown pixel to the immediate left of the centre of the picture. Then I notice another one in the bottom right corner and then I spot one above it, so I ask the builder who is tiling my bathroom to see if he can spot them. He does, as well as about three or four more in the top right corner. Finally, as we are looking at the scene in the Matrix where Neo fights agent smith in the tube station, I notice a large ‘reddish’ circular blob, prominent on dark scenes. So, about 9 pixels gone and a dust blob :suicide:

Trying to pick my chin up from the floor I phone Matt @ Nenix and advise him of my findings. He too is gutted and says not to worry, he will arrange something. So about 20 minutes ago, I spoke to Lucy @ Nexnix who advised that another PJ has just been fired up, checked, given the all clear and will be with me tomorrow. Also, as I now have two ‘faulty’ projectors here in Sunny Bristol, they have arranged for both projectors to be collected as the new one is delivered.

So, fair play to them. For some reason, probably as a UK consumer, I end up apologising to the guys, but Lucy told me not to worry. She stated ‘if we have to send you fifty (50) projectors, we will get you one you are happy with.’ :laugh:

However, here is the very odd thing. The lens shift option on the second unit is far more easier to get square than on the first unit. In exactly the same spot in the room I did not even have to raise the feet on the second machine to get a perfect image. It seems that every PJ is different. In fact so much so that there are discussions taking place at avsforums on how far apart the default menus are……:rolleyes:

So, that’s that. I am not down. Tomorrow is almost here. Let us prey. Oh, and Cutting it is on tonight, so I can forget about the PJ altogether. I like to fantasise about Darcy you see…..:devil:

Good I am loosing it….4 frickin’ weeks at home and I finally have the bends:eek:

Talk soon my fellow D’gers.

Captain Benefit.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Cap'n,

Seems like Nexnix are the people to get projectors from, right enough..... hope to read more tomorrow...

Sean G.