Replacement woofers for Jamo PR120A speakers

Balr

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Jamo PR120A and had for a while, the woofer on 1 has stopped working. I used a multimeter and there is no reading from the 2 connectors so assume this woofer has had its day ?

If this is completly dead then I am looking for a replacement and unsure what to go for as been unable to find a Jamo part replacement but this has a good base line. Also don't want to reasonable priced pair.

The speaker is a JAMO is a 8" 22503 woofer, the speaker box details are:

Configuration: 3-way Bass reflex tweeter protection
Long Term 120W
Short term 160W
Freq Range 55-20.000 HZ
Impedance 4-8 Ohm.

Thanks for any advice

I have a pair of Jamo PR120A and had for a while, the woofer on 1 has stopped working. I used a multimeter and there is no reading from the 2 connectors so assume this woofer has had its day ?

If this is completly dead then I am looking for a replacement and unsure what to go for as been unable to find a Jamo part replacement but this has a good base line. Also don't want to reasonable priced pair.

The speaker is a JAMO is a 8" 22503 woofer, the speaker box details are:

Configuration: 3-way Bass reflex tweeter protection

Long Term 120W

Short term 160W

Freq Range 55-20.000 HZ

Impedance 4-8 Ohm.

Thanks for any advice
Hiya..
Yeah this seems to be a common thing with the PR120A .. quite a few threads on the net about it as it happens..

In terms of the driver.. have you put the meter across the driver terminals .. or the speaker input terminals as they are very different.. if you have done the actual 8" woofer itself.. disconnected from the crossover and measured and its a short circuit or the resistance is off the scale.. then you have a few options available

1.. you can spend out and send the driver to somewhere like Wilmslow Audio or other shops to get them serviced and re-coned... This is an expensive option and given the age / spec of the Jamo .. not really worth it

2.. try and find a used pair online and use them for parts....

3.. and i am not ashamed for admitting this :laugh: I had a pair of Jamo D165's once ... (i am not hanging my head in shame.. i was young and naive then!!) ... but i blew a woofer on mine.. I took both bass drivers out and replaced them both with a pair of new 8inch that had the same screw pattern and resistance / frequency to the crossover.. and boy did it improve the sound.

4.. bin the PR120A and replace them with a better speaker

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom