Replacement wing mirror glass

Elrond

While driving home the other day, I heard this loud bang as another car was going past me in the other direction and after wondering what happened, noticed my drivers side wing mirror was folded in with the smashed glass hanging out.

Now, finding replacement glass shouldn't be a problem I hear you say! Well it is if it's the electric, heated and auto dimming variety :(

I phoned Audi, knowing it would be more expensive, and just for the glass they want £210 :eek:

Does anyone know where I maybe able to source one at a more reasonable price? As above, a plain one, no problem, but add auto dimming and I draw a blank.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Ebay.

I picked up a pair of heated glass for £39.

Elrond

Had a look on eBay last week and could only find the pre-facelift mirrors however, Dave's link showed up a possibility.

The is a pair that is exactly the same part number except for the last letter and it seems the only difference is that they are aspherical while mine are currently convex. I phoned Audi to see if they would fit but they wouldn't commit to a yes or no but they did say that aspherical from them would be £295 per side :eek::eek:

Therefore, does anyone here know if aspherical mirrors would be the same shape and size as convex?

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
any chance of picking something up from a breakers yard?

My father in law used a place near us to replace his rear bumper for a fraction of the cost of buying it from the dealer

djbsom

While driving home the other day, I heard this loud bang as another car was going past me in the other direction and after wondering what happened, noticed my drivers side wing mirror was folded in with the smashed glass hanging out.

Now, finding replacement glass shouldn't be a problem I hear you say! Well it is if it's the electric, heated and auto dimming variety :(

I phoned Audi, knowing it would be more expensive, and just for the glass they want £210 :eek:

Does anyone know where I maybe able to source one at a more reasonable price? As above, a plain one, no problem, but add auto dimming and I draw a blank.

Amazon?

mjn

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom