1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement valves

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by la gran siete, Sep 28, 2005.

1. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,766
    I'm looking for a site that sells suitable valves for my Leak stereo 20. Two have gone, that is they no longer glow . One still gets hot but given the lack of light and the white powdery deposit within I must assume its gone besides I'm getting no sound.The valves in question are EL84(yugoslavian) and EL519A which is a beast that stands about 4" high and has an ( I think its called) anode cap which connects it to the underside of the amp. It sits where the rectifier valve once stood and I think its called a regulator valve. Thought of trying Chelmer valves but wondered whethr anyone had any suggestions.Cheers!

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Hi there...my own preference would be Chelmer Valve,as you've already mentioned...good service and prices,fast delivery,and NOS tubes are also available if you can stand the prices.

You could also try www.tube-shop.com for cheaper(usually Chinese) tubes,which are also of decent quality.

3. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,766
    thanks for the link Alexs 2 ,I have ordered my tubes :smashin: