Replacement TV of similar specification?

keith1664

Standard Member
Reaction score
Comet have today told me that they're writing off my 4 year old Philips 42PF7520 and I will be contacted shortly to be offered a TV of "similar specification"
Now as the Philips was only HD ready I'm fully expecting them to only offer me another HD ready set, however as the TV cost me £1200 and the insurance another £340 you'll excuse me if I try to screw as much out of them as possible!
So the question is this, as the HD ready TV's on Comets website have a resolution of 1024 x 768 or 1040 x 768 will I successfully be able to argue that they're not of similar specification to my 1024 x 1024 Philips as they have only 75% of the pixels? Hopefully they'll then offer me a more expensive full HD set so I can then ask for a gift card for it's value then pop down there and add a little cash to get myself a 50" screen!
If anyones had any similar dealings with Comet I be pleased to hear from you.

To answer my own question, after many calls and a letter of complaint we were given a store return number and went to our local Comet unsure of what to expect. Turns out it was the full purchase price of the original TV!!! We walked out with a Panasonic TX-P50U20B TV, DMP-BD65 BluRay and a £200 ceramic hob.... oh and the assistant discounted both tv and bluray so he could earn his commision on another 5 year warranty for the tv.

Result!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom