1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement TV (JVC)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jtorry, Oct 28, 2002.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    JVC have agreed to replace my Faulty AV32WFT1. This set is discontinued so I have to get another one. Is there anything that i need to know about the current 32 inch JVC models that would put me off getting that model? Eg. Are there any I should stay clear of?

2. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All of 'em have some sort of problem or other.
    Go for a Sony or Philips instead.

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is that based on experience or just a prefernce for sony and Philips. I think another brand may be out of the question as they (unbeatable) are refusing to give me a money refund.

4. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From experience. I had 28" version of yours and sent back as convergence is very poor. The replacement 28T25 had several problems. Finally got a Philips 28PW6515 and have been very happy. (This was in August). Sony also comes highly recommended on this forum.;)

5. chegz60

chegz60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why did you return yours and how long have you had it?

6. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would have had mine for a year in 2 weeks. The set has been sent back to be repaired 4 times over the last 6 months (They have had it for 8 weeks the last time) and every time it comes back with the same problems (vibarting and crackling speakers and horrid image persistence). Having asked them (unbeatable) for our money back and got a no, we have asked for a replacement. They have said that they have to go through JVC to do this. I don't know why. I am pretty sure that they will try and make us have the set that most closely matched the features and price of the current one. but that set is better than the current models available. I am hoping that they will allow us to add some more money add get a better model.