Question Replacement TV for Samsung UE65JU6000

Eambo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I currently have the Samsung 65" 65JU6000. I've been having some frustrations with the image quality, such as motion blur, ghosting, and "static" being placed into some scenes.

I'm looking for something same size (65") without the ghosting/blur where possible. I mainly use it for movies and 4K gaming.

Budget would be around 700 with flexibility.

Was looking at this Ambilight 65PUS8204 or LG 65SM8200PLA, so would appreciate pros and cons in relation to that.

Really appreciate your thoughts, there's a lot more nuance to picking a TV these days than I'm used to! :)

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
The TVs you are looking at are really no better, and in many respects could be worse than your current model.

I'd suggest saving up for an OLED, the cheapest of which would be the £1500 LG B9 currently. That is the only way to avoid motion blur on a TV.

If you can only consider LCD TVs, consider higher range models than the two you have suggested, lower-mid-range or higher in my guide:

Make sure to read the opening post of the guide which has links to help understand panel types which is something you need to consider before picking out models.

The TVs you are looking at are really no better, and in many respects could be worse than your current model.

I'd suggest saving up for an OLED, the cheapest of which would be the £1500 LG B9 currently. That is the only way to avoid motion blur on a TV.

If you can only consider LCD TVs, consider higher range models than the two you have suggested, lower-mid-range or higher in my guide:

Make sure to read the opening post of the guide which has links to help understand panel types which is something you need to consider before picking out models.
Thanks for the input, Dodgexander! Unfortunately OLED is too expensive for the foreseeable future. I specifically picked the LG due to the IPS panel, would this not be any better then as far as less blur/ghosting is concerned?

I was hoping over the past few years the tech and processors would have improved, especially as the Samsung is no longer receiving OS updates and the Nanocell tech in that TV.

Thanks again for your input, I'm glad I asked before pulling the trigger!

Comparatively a low range model with an IPS panel will have less blur than a TV using a VA panel like your current one, yes. But its swings and roundabouts, with other areas of picture quality being worse.

I'd suggest instead sticking to a VA type panel and looking at mid range models instead like the Samsung RU8000 or Hisense U8B. They should retain the good parts about VA, but reduce the blur because they refresh faster.

Its too early to say for sure but there are also some promising TVs from both Hisense and TCL TVs in new 2020 lines as well. Hopefully we see some reviews and feedback from owners for those TVs soon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom