replacement tv advice

stredwizard

Novice Member
Hi all,

Could use some advice on which TV replacement for our lounge, we have a circa 10 year old Samsung UE40D6510, which to be frank works absolutely perfectly considering its been switched on over the period for probably 12 hours daily.

We consume our TV content through an android TV OS box, which is connected to a Tvheadend back end with a mix of IPTV and Freeview channels and we use Kodi as the front end.

We were considering the Philips 43PUS8536, I was thinking as its android I could replace the android TV box, but not sure how well Kodi would fare on a TV or wether all the TV's remote buttons would be available in Kodi, such as guide, record being the main ones.

We would need to have access to the UK catch up services and although I understand the Philips TV has freeview play, we wont be using the built in tuner so are the apps available in a standalone fashion?

As the current TV is wall mounted on a narrow chimney breast, 43" is the maximum size and the positioning of the TV also makes the ambilight pretty in-effictive i would think so this is not important if there would alternatives that don't have it.

Hopefully someone has some experience of the above and can give me some directions please!

regards

stredwizard

Novice Member
thanks for your reply, I'm kinda stumped because we have no need for a 4k set as we don't have the content but if buying new its daft not too.

I think ill look for a decent universal ir/bluetooth remote as a stop gap instead.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom