Replacement STB?

IceAx

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Morning all.

So after an upgrade to my TV im considfering should i replace my trusty Echostar 600RS for something newer / better?

Would prefer if it was freesat but at a push would look at freeview.

Main requirement is reliable series linking, my echostar has been good at this.

Thanks
A

The humax boxes are awful imo. I have the 1100s and it's clunky and laggy as it gets. Avoid.

Sorry - there isn't a current freesat box I would recommend tbh. The older foxsat-hdr model would be the one to go for imo.

Only other option is a Manhattan, but they only seem to do a receiver now I think. Still not great though.

Better off with a youview or decent freeview box imo.

The newer BT/plusnet youview boxes are really good for what they are, and can be had pretty cheap on eBay.

Thanks all, not adverse to a freeview box just wanted freesat as a swap would have been easy.

Thanks
A

HUMAX are great take it from me, I have 4, the hdr1100s 500gb is pricey but good. Its the operator I blame. If set up properly good batteries in remote its fine. It is bloated with software but sky is not much better so it may need the odd re-boot.

NB I should add I dont use the original remote, I use the one with the original HDR 320GB and I dont have the lan connected. I use that remote so I can control the humax freeview model as well.

Great
Thanks
I just won on eBay a HDR 1000s without a remote but got a generic replacement remote with good reviews

I'm now using a vu uno 4k box, I know it's not freesat/free view etc.
It's quite good responsive and can even run apps like kodi etc as well as receive all freesat satellite channels amongst others.
Records excellent to 1tb usb hd.
A bargain at £230.
Echo

Does this downscale 4k for an HD TV?
I'm using with a 4k tv, although there are setting to set output to 720p or 1080 and it does auto recognise the tv resolution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom