Replacement stand?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by lovethechang, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lovethechang

lovethechang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am struggling to find a replacement stand for my av equipment.

I currently have a glass stand, with three shelves similar to this however with the arrival of three beautiful bouncing baby girls, I need to have my bits out of reach of inquisitive and potentially sticky fingers in the future (and also from the toast in cd slots as well)

The kit I need to hide behind doors is a humax pvr 9200tb, a sky+ box and a PS3. I am looking for a wooden unit of decent build quality that will accept all three units and also has the potential to accept an amp for 5.1/7.1 whenever I can find the money (IF I can gather the money that is) Another thing ids I don't want to take the base off the tv.

I have a budget of £140, with an absolute maximum of £150 for the right stand. I have absolutely no preference on the colour, well, as long is is isn't white that is.

Can anyone make any recommendations? Not bothered if I have to go and collect or have delivered. Any delivery charges I will add onto the cost of the stand.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup::D

2. Member252055

Member252055

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Hi

WOW! Good luck with the three girls!

I have an alternative solution which was born about just for the same scenario in my house (just the one girl though). Our corner bracket allows you to mount your TV and your three bits of kit up and out of the way of sticky and inquisitive fingers;

M-Form - 32" to 50" Corner Bracket With 2 Shelves

The bracket gives you a bit of swivel for viewing angle and you can keep all your cables (except one power cable) out of reach too by just mounting your 4-way behind the TV. The bracket somes with two shelves but we have our DVD/SKY stacked on one.

Just a thought...

Regards
    Graham

3. YellowSphere

YellowSphere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    How about this from Alphason? Doesn't lock shut, but you could install some clips if that became a problem. They look quite nice as well, the veneer has a glittery finish. There are also oak and walnut versions, but they'll set you back more (from this website at least, might be worth having a look around?).

4. lovethechang

lovethechang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    m-formonline - having ti mounted on the wall would be ideal - I actually won a wall bracket on this website back in June , however I haven't been able to use it for to reasons.

1. Rented property and they wont allow anything apart the norm on the walls (norm being photos and a few shelves.
    2. even if we were able to put the tv on the wall, we wouldn't be able to anyway as property we live in is a new build, so consequently has cardboard walls, which barely hold up a dvd storage unit!

Also , the bracket you have suggested doesnt really meet my requirements - I need space for at least 3 boxes (humax, sky+ and PS3) and with further potential for future purchases. Also it is well over my budget for a stand.

Thank you in any case for taking the time to reply to my thread. :thumbsup::D

Yellowsphere - I had actually spotted that one yesterday as a potential. The one you have linked to appears to be £50 more everywhere else (John lewis, dixons etc) We have some baby clips for fridge doors which I could install, which would mean to have to press down to allow the door to open, so I could put 1/2 of these on there (they can come off with a bit of picking at it.

I may well go for this stand.

5. lovethechang

lovethechang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  6. YellowSphere

YellowSphere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +471
    I think the biggest issue with that is it's going to raise your television too high for watching when seated.