1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement speakers for Yamaha AV100

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sephiro, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Sephiro

Sephiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I recently bought the yamaha av100 all-in-one package to replace my aging aiwa pro-logic system and while I'm happy with the receiver itself the speakers seem like a major step down from the old system. The centre speaker seems to be the worst offender with dialogue in movies sounding harsh and unnatural no matter what settings I use. Therefore I was planning to replace the centre, the front left and front right speakers, however I was wondering if doing that would give me some balance problems between the front and back?

In any case the front speakers will have to go and I'm planning to get a Mordaunt Short 304 Avant centre speaker along with a pair of Mordaunt Short 302 Avant speakers to replace them, as that's about as far as my budget will stretch (plus as a bonus they come in silver which matches the colour of the rest of the system). I'm going to go down to richer sounds at the weekend to have a listen but does anyone have any alternatives I should look into in the meantime?