Replacement speakers for a Denon 1909

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nelbert, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Nelbert

Nelbert
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I recently replaced my dying Marantz SR5300 with a Denon 1909 which is connected to a set of Missions. 2 x M72i, M7c2, 2 x M7ds, M7c1 and an M70as.

Due to the arrival of a little one who will be crawling soon, I'm looking at changing the room round. To make the change the speakers would be better changed to the 'lifestyle' speakers as getting rid of the stands, gaining floor space and removing things to pull on is part of the reason for the change.

I've been looking at the KEF 2005.3 and the Mission M-Cubes.

Would these be a good match for the 1909? The amp is used for Movie (dvd + blu-ray), PS3 and Music although getting time to sit down and listen to music is tricky at the moment.

Any recommendations from these 2 or alternatives? Don't really want to spend more than £700 on a 5.1 set.

Are the KEFs significantly better than the Missions, or would I be better sticking with Mission as I like the sound from my current Denon/Mission combination?

Would replacing the 3 front speakers with M-Cubes and keeping the remaining speakers sound strange? They aren't matched in sensitivity or frequency range.

Thanks in advance.