Replacement Sky Router

coffeespoons

Standard Member
Hi,

I own a Netgear DG834G and I'm with Sky. The router is not ideal for the current network devices, I'm interested in replacing the router.

Is the Apple Airport Extreme compatible with Sky? If not, which routers are? The network must support 10+ devices, as well as the ability to stream 1080p.

Best,

coffeespoons

coffeespoons

Standard Member
Perhaps, though its performance is contradictory. Even with less devices on the network the router struggles to stream content, and all devices should easily be able to receive the content. I'm unsure of the correct settings I should be using for the router and aplication, though I do have some understanding, is it possible I've used incorrect settings?

Bazstard

I've added the netgear wnr 3500 to the dg834gt and the wireless Lan is now 1gb. It seems to be doing its job better than the router/ modem. I haven't tried steaming but downloads are fast.SEE my other post below. Sorry dont know how to add links :blush: ''i'm new here'':facepalm:

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
The network must support 10+ devices, as well as the ability to stream 1080p.
I don't see why what you have can't cope either. What sort of devices and how connected?

BTW you do understand that it is against Sky's Ts & Cs to use other than their supplied router?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom