• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacement Sky HD Boxes...

tony4563

Established Member
My Sky HD box has been intermittently playing up and I'm gonna complain to Sky about it. Its about ten months old and is made by Thomson. If Sky exchange it, what box will I get and will it be new or reburbished? Are there newer boxes out there with quieter fans?

Cheers

Tony

t1m103

Established Member
will be a refurbished one most probably,the fan noise is a bit hit and miss to wether its noisy or not.

tony4563

Established Member
Thanks t1m.

As well as the fan being noisy at times (cured by unplugging mains for 30 secs) about half a dozen channels have started to distort and you get that awful high pitch clicking sound (like Freeview when the signals bad) If the aeriel was out of alignment wouldn't all the channels be naff? Looking at the signal strengh on the box, Input 1 has about 75% signal strengh but 0% Signal quality.. Input 2 is fine on strength and quality at about 75% each. Is it worth calling an engineer out (still under warranty) and is re-alignment of the dish covered or is it a box fault?

t1m103

Established Member
phone sky tell them your having issues,then if they agree to come out the engineer should check both box and dish/lnb,they may want to charge for a service call but try to say you aint paying you would rather cancel,they may do it for free then.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom