Replacement Sky+ box makes a racket!

stuart_haydn

Established Member
Reaction score
I had an engineer visit last week, and as well as replacing the reciever he replaced my Sky+ box with a refurb box.

I've had two Sky boxes and one Sky+ box that were virtually silent - but this new box is very noisy! Its not just the high general level of noise the box maks, its that there is an actual tone that is quite penetrating.

I can hear it constantly when watching programmes with just talking, e.g. News 24, and I can even hear it when watching films etc with background music.

Whats the likelyhood I get get Sky to replace this box under the 90 day warranty you get with repairs? Although the box is technically working, the noise it make seriously detracts from the user's ability to watch tv using it.

I had a refurb box that made more noise than normal and got sky to come out and replace it. The engineer agreed it was too noisy.

I would definitely get on to them as the extra noise could be something on the way out.

I will definitely contact Sky about a replacement - I was just worried that I may be charged if an engineer came out and said it wasn't noisy enough!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom