Replacement screen worse than original

vialli

Novice Member
Got a 75 inch AU9000 in june this year from JL.Initially was impressed with it ,coming from a 65inch LG oled.About a month ago i noticed some faint horizontal banding only really noticable on light grey/ pale scene or content.As it was under a year old JL said i need to deal direct with samsung which was a massive ball ache as they wanted pictures of the issue but it doesnt really show up that well in a photo.Eventually they agreed to send an engineer who said straight away new screen needed .The new screen was fitted last thursday ,havnt used it much until last night and watched a film on netflix and noticed even worse banding than the original screen.
Is it a common issue on bigger screens ?as never had this before on any other tv ive owned from 42 inch up to the 65 inch oled ,but 2 screens with exactly the same problem on a 75 inch.

Cameron583

I imagine it’s no more common, but with it being a bigger screen (physically), the banding is simply bigger and, hence, more noticeable.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom