Question Replacement Remote for TV Lift made by Liftbox

rebeccaharding

Novice Member
Reaction score
I purchased a TV lift cabinet from Ethan Allen about 12 years ago. The remote control used to lift the TV from the cabinet stopped working (the insides literally crumbled when I opened it to replace the battery). The mechanism to lift the TV is made by a company that has apparently gone out of business. Ethan Allen has not been helpful.

The company that made the mechanism is "Liftbox". The type is: LogicSP-2-1-LB-B2-240VA-US. The serial number is: 3691805400001676.

After a lot of searching online, I found a company called Elkomax in Poland that carries the replacement remote, however, they have not responded to my emails and when I tried calling, the number is no longer valid. The link to Elkomax is Remote controls - Elkomax and it's the remote control in the upper left hand corner, Remote Control RC1.

I've also attached a picture below of the remote control. Hopefully the copy of the picture shows up.
upload_2019-2-9_10-37-11.png

Thank you in advance for any help provided!

I purchased a TV lift cabinet from Ethan Allen about 12 years ago. The remote control used to lift the TV from the cabinet stopped working (the insides literally crumbled when I opened it to replace the battery). The mechanism to lift the TV is made by a company that has apparently gone out of business. Ethan Allen has not been helpful.

The company that made the mechanism is "Liftbox". The type is: LogicSP-2-1-LB-B2-240VA-US. The serial number is: 3691805400001676.

After a lot of searching online, I found a company called Elkomax in Poland that carries the replacement remote, however, they have not responded to my emails and when I tried calling, the number is no longer valid. The link to Elkomax is Remote controls - Elkomax and it's the remote control in the upper left hand corner, Remote Control RC1.

I've also attached a picture below of the remote control. Hopefully the copy of the picture shows up.
View attachment 1117443

I have been communicating with customer support through the followingn email.

Elkomax Automation House Poland
Motorized AV-Solutions, "Perfection in Functionality"
Tel. +48513918311, Fax. +48880111350
Elkomax - Elkomax

if you need spare parts lemmenow I have some new parts for build the whole set e.g remote controllers and power supply and also some mechanical/metal parts that I am not gonna use (every thing brand new) wanted to build it on my own.. but years goes by and I am traveling around the world due to my job, and sadly no time to even start this project

and yes Elkomax is the best solution for your liftboxes - the owner Engr in electronics and automatics is the guy that wrote or upgrade every software for the power supply box (I was working with him in the Liftbox TM - before it was shut down or overtaken by "furniture in motion"). if you don't get any respond from him try to contact with the old CEO of Liftbox Poland a.k.a Morecom sp. z.o.o. >> Bogdan Grabania (sadly bad english but he might help also as they probably continue work as a different brand or something) > [email protected]

or you can contact with me >> [email protected]
maybe I can help or solve or contact with them (as we are mutual friends in real life)
Question: does the remote fob use special batteries or would Duracell work? The original battery in the fob has an unusual terminal with a circle...Dura cell has a smooth terminal.
4453F6C7-036C-466D-9D1E-23615B1FEBF7.jpeg
4453F6C7-036C-466D-9D1E-23615B1FEBF7.jpeg

Last edited:
As long as the battery type no is the same it will work.

Do you know if the remote key fob uses specialty batteries?
if you need spare parts lemmenow I have some new parts for build the whole set e.g remote controllers and power supply and also some mechanical/metal parts that I am not gonna use (every thing brand new) wanted to build it on my own.. but years goes by and I am traveling around the world due to my job, and sadly no time to even start this project

View attachment 1117443

@joankelley
Twice you've quoted other posts re this liftbox and/or a remote control battery.
What are you asking exactly?

Please excuse, I am not very familiar with this website.
I need to replace a broken key fob remote that connects to a Liftbox unit inside in my Ethan Allen bookcase. The unit works manually, but the keyfob (12 years old) stopped working, even after I replaced the battery

Attachments

• 3DF71D62-EFEA-48E2-8AAA-6C48D0569F0E.jpeg
    3DF71D62-EFEA-48E2-8AAA-6C48D0569F0E.jpeg
    638.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 52AB363F-B0C0-4EC5-B703-73C0ED1BDE24.jpeg
    52AB363F-B0C0-4EC5-B703-73C0ED1BDE24.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 201
I have replaced the battery, and had an audio technician try to make it work, but he thinks the fob is defective. He said the main control box is working, and can be operated manually without the fob, which is a convenience.

Try copying any model or part numbers on the key fob into a Google search is all I can suggest.

View attachment 1117443

Have you been able to get a hold of any one to get a replacement remote? Mine has pretty much done what yours has. The plastic button caps have pretty much fallen apart/dry rot.

I’ve got the same system and the same issues. My remote stopped working and the plastic button to raise the TV is falling apart. Unlike the lift, the remote seems really poorly made.

I took the remote apart to see if there was anything obvious going on. I found there was a broken solder connection on the negative side of the battery holder. I resoldered it, put a new battery in and the good news is it’s working again. I’m going to try to make a new green button cover. It doesn’t look like it’ll be too hard, just need to find the right thickness of green plastic.

Have you been able to get a hold of any one to get a replacement remote? Mine has pretty much done what yours has. The plastic button caps have pretty much fallen apart/dry rot.
I’ve got the same system and the same issues. My remote stopped working and the plastic button to raise the TV is falling apart. Unlike the lift, the remote seems really poorly made.

I took the remote apart to see if there was anything obvious going on. I found there was a broken solder connection on the negative side of the battery holder. I resoldered it, put a new battery in and the good news is it’s working again. I’m going to try to make a new green button cover. It doesn’t look like it’ll be too hard, just need to find the right thickness of green plastic.
Luckily our remote works. it’s the plastic button /green & red covers are brittle & have fallen apart. that would be great if you can make covers.
Let me know how that works out for you sir.

I bought a small sheet of green vinyl film and made a new button back. I made a pattern by using a sheet of paper to get the placement for the mounting studs and prototyped it in paper to get the fit right. Once I had it I used it as a template for cutting out and punching holes in the vinyl. I placed the new button back on the studs and closed the remote. I took what was left of the old button and superglued it to the button back. The remote is back in action and fully functional.

I bought a small sheet of green vinyl film and made a new button back. I made a pattern by using a sheet of paper to get the placement for the mounting studs and prototyped it in paper to get the fit right. Once I had it I used it as a template for cutting out and punching holes in the vinyl. I placed the new button back on the studs and closed the remote. I took what was left of the old button and superglued it to the button back. The remote is back in action and fully functional.
That’s pretty ingenious lol. We need one of each. 😎

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom