Replacement Remote for old HDD-recorder.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by 12harry, Jul 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Hi, I have a Silverline ( LIDL ) 8-in-One remote from a while back,[ modern versions are 10-in-One], lost the instructions (for the nearly-50 buttons ), so I tried On-Line and the pdf instructions are a nightmare.
    Don't know, but maybe I discarded the instructions.... or someone gave me the thing in the expectation I could find instructions.
    Lidl Support plus indicates it's URC-L-639 ..... so I'm expecting this to be a central store of pdf's but I get nothing from a search. When I found a pdf - the instructions were all but impossible to follow . . . . so I suspect I never had them and this was gifted, ="given-up" by ANOther.

Leaving aside that remote.... I need to control my old HDD TV recorder. The remote "OK" button has failed and despite several tries the membrane switching-panel appears bust (at that location). Also, it's impossible to route an "unused" button to perform the OK function.
    There are some "workarounds" controlling this device BUT it's difficult without the OK button....so I need a reasonably inexpensive Remote that can learn, or is an Easy set-up. The 8-in-1 Remote has a long list of CODES for each Make, representing model-changes.... that's OK when the Mfr is listed, but this [ Digital Vision, DVR180], HDD-Recorder is quite old and this Mfr is not listed. ( in the pdf I found). Therefore I suspect other lists may not extend to a Mfr that's fallen by the wayside.... although one suspects the IR Codes could be more "universal" than it seems at first.

Anyone suggest a Universal Remote that's not pricey ( Harmony at over £100 is not acceptable ), - and which can be persuaded to learn the IR code, whenever a Listing is not found...?
    I can find remotes at many price-points, but hope someone has found one where the Instructions are easily grasped, preferably without the instructions....since these are bound to become "Lost" over time . . . also, I note that my 8-in-1 need the codes re-entered when changing batteries! Yikes...what a poor design that is!
    Hopefully new ones will have some EEPROM memory for that situation.

Cheers.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    Amazon have a remote for DV DVR 180.

3. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Many thanks, I guess I never thought there would still be replacements ( although it not exactly the same button-layout, it should fix the missing "OK" button) . . . also, I will need to more-gentle in future!

I guess the idea of a single "Universal" is still present, as this provides a degree of "Future-proofing" as the original is put somewhere "safe" and the Master-Remote is less likely to be lost.... I wonder why they don't come with a long cord....tied to the TV, for example, then whoever has "lost it" it is easily found.... provided Grandma hasn't tripped over the line.

Cheers.

4. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    Its also in the Harmony database.:D

You're welcome.