Question Replacement Remote Control

OaksBill

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have just upgraded and purchased an old Arcam AVR100 but have no remote with it. I now find these are unobtainable so I have been advised to look at the Logitech Harmony 350 which would sort the AVR out and also tie all my other bits together in one remote - TV, Freesat box and SD/DVD.

Perfect - I could be looking at the TV - find nothing interesting so decide to listen to the AVR tuner section or put on a CD and when ready, switch back to the TV. All with 1 click. It sounded too good to be true.

I then read some more and got confused because I also read that the 350 cannot/will not switch directly between the Tv and other AVR inputs. It first has to switch everything off (including the AVR) and then proceed to switch the AVR back on again together with the selected units.
This sounds strange and seems to defeat the object of it.

Can anyone help to point me in the right direction and clear up the confusion.

My Logitech does not have to switch the unit off first and can switch between the inputs on the AVR. If the original remote can switch between inputs then the Logitech will be able to do the same.
Not sure what you have read or how you have interrupted it but you have got it wrong. The Logitech will do all that you want it too and more.

I have a Harmony Touch and it doesn't power down my sources unnecessicarily.
To give you an example: Say I'm in "Watch TV" and want to switch to my AFTV, then I just select the appropriate "activity" from the Touch's screen and it will power down my Sky+HD box, switch the AVR to the relevant input source and job done. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom