Replacement PS3 case (+ Warning)

steMS

Standard Member
Reaction score
Right, first a warning, second a question!

I made the big mistake of removing the sticker from the back of my PS3 as it was partly peeling off. Unfortunately it left a load of goo stuck to the case, my second mistake was to employ my usual trick of using make-up remover (not mine) to clear it off - BIG MISTAKE!

It has now left a patch of discoloured area (fortunately on the back) on the PS3 case. The PS3 works fine but I would like to know whether it is possible to replace the back part of the case?

Any help most appreciated

Cheers

Right, first a warning, second a question!

I made the big mistake of removing the sticker from the back of my PS3 as it was partly peeling off. Unfortunately it left a load of goo stuck to the case, my second mistake was to employ my usual trick of using make-up remover (not mine) to clear it off - BIG MISTAKE!

It has now left a patch of discoloured area (fortunately on the back) on the PS3 case. The PS3 works fine but I would like to know whether it is possible to replace the back part of the case?

Any help most appreciated

Cheers

are you mad? what on earth posessed you to use make up remover?!

a wet finger and a cloth to polish always does the trick with me on praticly any sticker on any surface.

should of just stuck it back in place tho, dont even know why it was peeling off.

oh well try decal girl(website) and take this as a lesson that water is better than anything else

what ? no pics ? :eek:

No pics i'm afraid, to be honest it's not too bad and can only be seen up close due to the reflectivity of the case. It's just that I'm a perfectionist and would rather get it sorted.

Do you think sony could/would provide a replacement back case? Has anyone got any experience of console repairers who may be able to do it?

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom