Replacement player from Currys / Dixons

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gilesm, Oct 11, 2004.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a letter through the post the other day saying my extended maintenance was about to expire on my old Panasonic DVD player. To be hosnest this was a little supprise as I can't even remember doing that - I certainly don't now, but apparently I took out 5 :eek: extended warranty on it. Anyway it's not worked for ages, plays CDs but no longer reads (no load) DVDs - but I still have it in the loft - replaced it a while back with an Arcam.

Anyway the letter got me thinking, so I phoned up Coverplan (orginally bought from Currys :eek: ), and they said if the model isn't current (which it isn't) then they'll replace it with something of equal value - hurah :D .

So been looking around for something of equal value (£329.99) in Currys or Dixons and there doesn't seem to be anything around plus I don't really need another DVD player, wonder if they'll let me get a recorder or something else? Anyway any ideas on good players or recorders for around that much?

Cheers

2. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    I think they give you vouchures, so you can buy what you want