Replacement parts for mission argonaughts

Sjl46

Novice Member
Reaction score
salisbury heights,south australia,Australia
Hello this is my first post here i hope i do this right.

I have a pair of mission Argonaut speakers. I have aproblem with one of the tweeters on one speaker also not tested yet ie: havnt swapped the suspect tweeter to the other working one and vise versa so i guess it could be the crossover. My questin is can i get replacement for the tweeter or crossover. I have googled and have had no luck finding where i can get parts for this speaker. Iam located in australia. any help would be appreciated.

I have attached images so you know what spear model im talking about thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200306-130031.png
    Screenshot_20200306-130031.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 267
  • 20200306_130304.png
    20200306_130304.png
    458.1 KB · Views: 150
As you have intimated, the first thing to do is swap the tweeters to identify tweeter/cover problem.

Crossover can probably be fixed by replacing capacitors like-for-like, as these are the components most likely to degrade over time and fail.

If it is a tweeter problem, I cannot offer a solution at this time, other than contacting the manufacturer for help/advice.

Hey thanks john for a quick respnse. I will do that first ive just been a bit busy. I have been able to replace the tweeters and woofers before that was easy this was like 20 years ago when i blew tgem up ha ha. But as far as repairing the cover myself im not that confident in doing so. But i know a hifi repairer that could do this i guess. Anyway i will do as you suggest John and get back on here to update if its tge tweeter or cover cheers mate.
Ps are you in australia maybe i could send tge parts to you and let you repair. Id pay you of course cheers.

Ha! Sorry I'm in UK! As long as you have a soldering iron (and can use it) it's easy to replace capacitors, there should only be a couple. Of course, if you have "mistreated" the speakers, you may have burnt out the choke coils which is a different proposition for sourcing replacements.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom