1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement of TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Spartacus, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have finally decided to replace my 12 year old B&O with a widescreen model. That cropping has finally forced my hand!

Being a bit of a style ponce the TV has to be nice looking, but most importantly has to have a great picture.

Initially I was drawn to an LCD (I still might be), something like the Loewe Spheros looks very nice I have to say. Nice black surround.

Then again I have also been looking at the Aconda 9381 HD (I presume this is different than the 9381 ZW, although I am unsure as to why).

Space isn't an issue for me, I won't be hanging anything on any walls, the TV will occupy a corner of the room, has adequate space behind it. If I got an LCD, it would become "dead space".

I am leaning 50:50 at the moment LCD vs CRT. However, on picture quality (and price) I am thinking "Why pay more for an inferior picture?".

I am sure there are others out there with the same issue. LCD's look nice but ultimately it is about picture quality. Isn't it?

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Pound for pound a good crt will easily outperform any plasma or lcd .As you say space is not an issue so until the reliability and picture improves a crt is the way to go.The best looking tvs at the moment in my opinion are the panasonic pd range,although they HAD some issues with picture noise .I know because i had one.Gutted i had to change ,it was a gorgeous looking machine.