• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacement ipad mini screen

adriandg

Established Member
Hi

I bought a new ipad mini last week and my son dropped it getting out of the car yesterday and has smashed the screen. I thought I would be covered by the insurance on my credit card, but they class and ipad as computer goods which are not covered. I have gone into the Apple shop, but they want £210 to do it and it was only £260 brand new. I have thought about doing it myself, but there is always the fear factor that I will eff it up and make it worse.

So I'm looking for a good dealer who will be able to mend it. I live in the Cardiff area, so local would be better if possible.

Anybody got any recommendations? By the way I'm absolutely gutted :facepalm:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear this, I can imagine you really are gutted.

Have you checked to see if you're covered by your home contents insurance?

adriandg

Established Member
Ye thought about that. But it looks about £100 to get somebody to change it, but if i used the home insurance I'd have to pay the excess on the insurance policy and lose my no claims bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom