Replacement home cinema unit

malraff

Standard Member
Hi all

my sharp 5.1 home cinema system stopped working (the main unit is dead) and i have the two rear speakers cables nicely tidied up around the skirting etc

is there anything i could purchase to replace the main unit that will take the 5 speakers? i seem to remember a decoder of some sort that could take various inputs/outputs?

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Hi all

my sharp 5.1 home cinema system stopped working (the main unit is dead) and i have the two rear speakers cables nicely tidied up around the skirting etc

is there anything i could purchase to replace the main unit that will take the 5 speakers? i seem to remember a decoder of some sort that could take various inputs/outputs?

Depending on the nature of the actual speakers (the resistance and power rating) and that of the speaker cable, you should be able to find a AV amplifier to suit your needs. This will take all sorts of inputs (sky, DVD, PS3 etc) and handle the audio appropriately - some will also handle video as well.

Ask in here

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom