1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement Hi-Fi advice please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by adeski, Aug 11, 2005.

1. adeski

adeski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following a recent unwanted visit from some of Manchesters less desirables i have been relieved of a Musical Fidelity X Ray CD player, an XA100R amp and an X Can (and a Pioneer DVD recorder and Panasonic LCD projector also went walkies!)

Advice from anyone as to worthy HiFi replacements would be much appreciated Thanks

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Nothing wrong with that gear at all - I'd be tempted to buy the same equipment again!

Maybe Graham Slee could do something better for you in the Headphone amp department, but that's it.

Problem is, the "Undesirables" will almost certianly never be caught, and will almost certainly try to break in again. Perhaps it would be better to improve your home security measures before splasing out on replacement kit?

Rgds,
    DT

3. adeski

adeski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure i can still get the X series - certainly not the amp - and am looking at CCTV as an added deterent but as they ignored the alarm there is always the danger they would do the same with that!

4. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    lol

Welcome to "Blair's Britain" - Where crime pays :thumbsup: !

You should be able to pick it up on eBay fairly easily, but I wouldn't recommend it to newbies - that place bring new meaning to the phrase "caveat emptor"!!!

DT