• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Replacement HD Box

robertscane

Standard Member
After a month of complaining about lip sync and finally having my New Pace box needing to be unplugged every day to be able to use it, Sky have agreed to a NEW replacement box I have insisted it be new and not a reconditioned box they have agreed.What are my chances of having a reliable machine this time. Customer services have said they will phone me to check that I am pleased with the installation.( After letter to MD).(three letters in fact)Opinions gratefully received

vanman3000

Standard Member
if you read the post above, it tells you that the lyp sync is a software issue not hardware. there are patches being sent to the boxes which resolves this. the last one was around the 17th sept which cured all those installed before that date. there will be another patch sent again shortly. also can confirm from experience and my own pace that it doesnt effect all boxes.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom