Replacement HC setup ?

darren68uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi Guys
I currently have the setup thats in my sig, i have bought a new house and move in in a few months, i have attached a layout of the new living room with dimensions and location of where the home cinema will go,

im looking at upgrading everything eventually, i.e 55/65" 4k oled tv. looking to possibly going towards a Dolby Atmos/DTS X setup! i probably have about £500-1000 budget at any one time to start the upgrades, just wondering which way to go 1st, replace my kef 2005's and with what ?, or go with replacing my Pioneer VSX 920K amp 1st,

i probably wouldnt want to spend more than 2-3k on the amp and speakers as need to save for the tv as well,

any help welcome :)

Attachments

• the-clayton_69132.jpg
    the-clayton_69132.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 16
You should wait until after you move on to the house in a few months as there will be the first wave of Dts-x receivers out by then, as well as the first blu-ray UHD players on the market. A lot of people on here are waiting to see what products are launched this year before upgrading.....

You should wait until after you move on to the house in a few months as there will be the first wave of Dts-x receivers out by then, as well as the first blu-ray UHD players on the market. A lot of people on here are waiting to see what products are launched this year before upgrading.....

hi

thanks, yeah that makes sense i guess, atleast i have somit for now thats half decent, and as you say hold on, and hopefully the 1st 4k oled tvs might be a bit cheaper, my only concern for the longrun, is all my blu ray media is played thru my Mede8er 1000X3d, which im sure will be upscaled to 4k once i get the tv and av amp, but would be nice if mede8er plan on doing a 4/8k UHD player at some point :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom