Replacement for Yamaha RX-v677 Recommendations

Bluey VIII

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver for about 7+ years now and it's worked well with my Bose Accoustimas speakers and sub setup, but today it's started displaying the dreaded 'Internal Error' message on the front display.

I'm not to concerned about getting it fixed as it's been on my mind for a few months to replace it due to it's lack of 4K capabilities. (I've now got a Panasonic 4K TV, SkyQ UHD and will (hopefully) be getting a PS5 shortly.

I was wondering if people have any recommendations for what would be a good replacement/upgrade? I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, ideally something circa £500...

Any help, thoughts or recommendations greatfully received! :)

In a similar situation, same amp (still functional for the mo) with 4k Panasonic TV (an older one, with arc not earc). Had been thinking about the Yamaha rxv6a or demon 2700, but will be watching this thread with interest.

The Sony STR-DN1080 is top of my shortlist at the moment, as it gets some great reviews in the press and on YouTube.

But, personally I’ve never been a fan of Sony AV kit so very interested to hear other views or options before I take the plunge!

If looking to make the most out of HDMI 2.1 for ps5 gaming you will be best to go for one of the newer AVRs as mentioned by @Bascombe. however there are currently issues with the HDMI 2.1 chipsets

Also in similar situation and have the rx-677, it is still functioning but I'm looking to upgrade to gain Atmos and an increase in audio performance. The Denon x2700/x3700/x4700 are appealing and seem to have highly regarded reviews. I'm not sure the rxva range will be a significant increase in audio quality performance over the rx-677. Anyone else made that change and can comment?
The other option is to go pre/power along the lines of Emotiva.

My RX-V677 that has been working fine since I inherited it with my home purchase over a year ago. Suddenly I cannot connect the unit to the internet by either wi-fi or ethernet, any ideas?

My RX-V677 that has been working fine since I inherited it with my home purchase over a year ago. Suddenly I cannot connect the unit to the internet by either wi-fi or ethernet, any ideas?

Is the unit still accessible over your home network and is it just accessing the internet via the unit an issues? What are you attempting to connect the unit to over the internet?

Unplug it from the mains power supply and leave it for about 20 minutes. Power it back up and then reboot your router.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom