Replacement for Sony KD49XE9005

firestarter03

Novice Member
Hi all,

My dad's KD49XE9005 kept turning itself off repeatedly with the blinking red lights. John Lewis support told him to do a factory reset but it turned off just before it could complete. They sent out an engineer but they said the panel is faulty so there is no point replacing the board. The problem I have is that they are not offering an equivalent replacement. They are offering an LG 50NANO756PA. I think they should be replacing it with an equivalent FALD Sony model. Can anyone help me with what the equivalent would be? I'm a bit confused by the 2021 models but I' thinking the 2020 KD49XH9505 model is looking like what they should be offering?

Any advice is much appreciated. It is such a shame this TV broke...

vickster

Distinguished Member
Yep see if they’ll offer the 2020 Sony assuming they have stock. Call them up to discuss

firestarter03

Novice Member
Yep see if they’ll offer the 2020 Sony assuming they have stock. Call them up to discuss

I asked and they are basically saying it is £549 or the TV they offered. The KD49XE9005 he bought was £769 but was worth £900+ at the time. It was a display model they were selling off. I think they should be doing a bit better than this as their guarantee clearly states that they should offer an equivalent specification. Very disappointing.

Dodgexander

They always try to offer as little as they can. Should be the XH9505 if like for like.
Doesn't help manufacturers change their numbers to make TVs look superior year to year. The XH90 (now X90J) is 55" and higher, and inferior to the 2017 XE90.

vickster

Distinguished Member
How old is it?
He didn’t pay £900 for it (it was worth £769 as an ex display not new) so can’t really expect that. Retailers including RS have a sliding scale of depreciation so depending on age, £549 might be fair?
RS terms as an example
During year One – full value
During year 2 – Original retail less 20%
During year 3 – Original retail less 30%
During year 4 – Original retail less 40%
During year 5 – Original retail less 50%
During year 6 - Original retail less 60%

firestarter03

Novice Member
They always try to offer as little as they can. Should be the XH9505 if like for like.
Doesn't help manufacturers change their numbers to make TVs look superior year to year. The XH90 (now X90J) is 55" and higher, and inferior to the 2017 XE90.

Thanks Dodge, so I am right in assuming this LG 50NANO756PA is a huge downgrade? It seems like it to me with the HDR performance, peak brightness, refresh rate, FALD etc...

How old is it?
He didn’t pay £900 for it (it was worth £769 as an ex display not new) so can’t really expect that. Retailers including RS have a sliding scale of depreciation so depending on age, £549 might be fair?
RS terms as an example
During year One – full value
During year 2 – Original retail less 20%
During year 3 – Original retail less 30%
During year 4 – Original retail less 40%
During year 5 – Original retail less 50%
During year 6 - Original retail less 60%

I think that's the thing, they are going my depreciation and value rather than an equivalent model. If he paid £769 and the equivalent is £849 then he would pay that difference. But £300 is not reasonable - IMO anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom