Replacement for Samsung UE65KS8002 (KS9000): Q9FN, or cheaper Q6FN?

GreywolfinCZ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, my Samsung UE65KS8002 (in Europe; US ekvivalent is KS9000, flat flagship from 2016) developed fault panel and Samsung refunded it - full money return. Service was fair and quick, no problems with them. But I need quick replacement. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

I live in middle Europe, prices are much worse here than in US or western Europe now. I can't wait for Black Friday to see if they get better.

1) I'm a heavy gamer, sometimes I go on gaming binge - OLED is not wise, I would get burn-in issues. (C7 is 2640 USD, picture is magnificent... but my gaming is pretty much a obvious reason not to do it).

So, since Q8FN is NOT FALD here in EU yet (pre-orders for FALD are 3.520):
2) 65Q9FN is 4.400 USD in my country. (+free washing mashine offer in value of 880 USD, but no other discount possible)
3) 65Q6FN (2018) is 2.640 USD (+ same free washing mashine) = so it's even better value than NU8000 (which is 2200 USD).

I've paid only 2.200 USD for my UE65KS8002/9000 on heavy discount. Honestly, I can afford to buy 65Q9FN if I would wish to, but.... 65Q6FN is much cheaper and if it can provide same picture as KS9000, it would be fair enough for me.

So, would 65Q6FN be a good choice?
Or, would you reccomand something else?

Last edited:
The best is the Samsung 65Q9FN (REFERENCE STATUS for Avforums).

Samsung Q9FN (QE65Q9FN) Review

I think but that the 65Q6FN can deliver about the same pictures as the KS9000 and so for 2.640 USD (with free washing maschine) can be a good deal. :)

Q6 will be a big downgrade compared to the KS. Is Samsung your only option?

Sony XF90 is a good option.

Q6 will be a big downgrade compared to the KS. Is Samsung your only option?

Sony XF90 is a good option.

Well, I don't want a picture quality downgrade, I wan't to stay the same as KS and save some money - I have the money for Q9FN if it's reasonable... but I saved those money to buy Sonus Faber Sonetto II speakers this summer. I didn't expect to buy TV again.

My choice is towards Samsung because I had my KS connected to a dedicated stereo (Denon PMA-1600NE) and used it to play my digital loseless music when my PC is turned off. TV is so big that it's easy to navigate in menu from bed without my glasses in the morning :D and Samsung can play FLAC and all other formats, read any disc via USB, has well organised navigation in playback.

In 2016, only Samsung was able to do it. Sony not.
And I've tried A1 recently in the store and it still didn't read my 500GB disc, only small 32GB USB stick. It's a problem for me. I can look to Sony only if they changed it in 2018 models.

I can try any other TV - but I need my FLAC music playback too.

Not sure Sony will have added file support. Given you know Samsung work, probably best to stick with them.

But it’s Q9FN, I’m afraid. Q6 is a major downgrade.

I was afraid to hear it, about Q9FN.

Do you have some estimations about possible price drops in the future? I did not pay attention this spring. How much in percentage of original price it could go this fall or next spring? I remember 2015 and 2016 price drops were not interesting and then I've bought my KS in 2017 for half the original price of 2016.

Because, I might as well buy something smaller NOW to kill the time and give it to parents as a gift later. In the long run, I would spend the same money (meh) and at least have two TVs for my family. But it will go lower about 20%, it's not worth the wait (with this free washing mashine added. Meh. Washing mashine. A little price drop would be much more cool).

Drop will be broadly similar to the KS one. You could get an NU7400 or MU6400 that’ll do for a bit - MU should be cheaper due to being a 2017 model.

I've decided to go to local market tomorrow, hope to see Q6 and Q9 together.

Service borrowed me UE43NU7442 until repair time, it's gone now. It was... well, very "cheap" experience. But at least I have a comparison.

Still xf9005 will be best in class for PQ ,and offer better value for money

Are the TVs you have listed your only options?

What about Samsung's 2017 range?

Sony's Android TV will play FLAC files no problem. No idea about other format support but I can't see it being any worse when you can install Kodi. It will however be slower which you may not like.

Some detail:

Q6F/Q6FN will be similar to your current TV with SDR, but not with HDR where they are about twice as dim.
Q7F/Q7FN/Q8FN will be most similar to your current TV.
Q8DN/Q9FN will be a step up from your TV.

As far as pricing goes, the best deals will be getting a model from the year before usually, so if you are looking to buy 2018 models now you will not get as good value as you will a 2017 model.

However you are in Czech Republic so I don't know if the same trends occur there as they do here.

Here in the UK for example some 2017 models are still available, but not many.

Here in the UK for example the 2017 models are often discounted to a fraction of the new 2018 models and represent much better value, however I do not know if that will be the case for you.

You should let us know if you have other options, different brands (like Sony) and if possible link some price comparison websites or stores where you can buy the new TV from so we can see what is available to you.

Dodgexander, you are precise - it is exactly as you wrote about the model line 2018 compared to my KS. I saw whole Samsung QLED 2018 model line today in Samsung store and took my time with it.

I'm sad. I have no TV now, otherwise I would never buy a new one in this time of year. I know pricing is bad.
I can buy anything from Sony, LG, TCL, Panasonic and some more. But my amplifier / dedicated stereo needs some TV to input my digital loseless music via optic cable. Those are large files, I'm not able to stream them via Spotify etc. I need large HDD input working correctly and swiftly on TV screen. So I tend to stay with Samsung if not given a really strong reason. Because their solution is flawless.

All stores in CZ are the same prices for QLED 2018. Believe me, I've tried. Answer is same everytime - stores are not allowed to change the price / or they made cartel pricing by their own.

QLED 2017 is almost the same money as 2018 line. Good more expensive models in 65 are already gone.
For whole 2018 line, I can get free washing mashine in cost of 20.000 CZK (700 L). That's the only deal available and it is limited by time. My family can use it so it might be consider a discount for me.

My KS cost 50.000 last year (1750 L) and it was fully refunded.
All prices I'm talking about is for 65".

Q9FN is a gem and I decided to own it. I was so happy to watch it! But it's overpriced now - 100.000 CZK (3.500 L), still at starting price, twice as my original KS. But I hope I might be able to pick it up around 50-60.000 in June/July 2019 if lucky. Usually such deals can be made when 2019 model is introduced. And everything from 2018 is sold and gone in the same week (!!). People who know wait for it.

Q8DN will enter the market in the middle of September, for 79.000 at preorder. Might fall down to 50.000 too in July 2019. Not less. It never go lower than 50.000 with higher models. If it would be available at market I might buy it, but's it's not yet here.
Q7FN/Q8FN cost 79.000/86.000 now. If to pay so much more, I want some improvement which they are not.
Q6NF is 59.000. It's... well I saw it. And you wrote it. But it would suffice in a short run.

NU8000 42 to 49.000, MU8002 40.000 but no "gift" with it anymore. At lower models, 2017 model are available. If you tell me some tip, I can find a price. But until it's less than 35.000 it does not help.

I have 2 options now.
1) Buy overpriced Q9FN now for 100.000 and have a piece of mind. Story ended. And it's tempting.
2) Buy something around +/- 50.000 and get Q9FN for 50.000-60.000 in July 2019. Then I can consider I would have two TVs for the same money and a little bit of patience. It's a gamble about Q9FN ending sale price and availability - it might be sold out. But my family could use that second TV and we are not so rich to not think about it.

For example Q6FN + washing mashine + Q9FN in July = 110.000
Q9FN now + washing mashine = 100.000

I've decided about one thing - I need Q9FN. Sooner or later. But pricing is crazy! If TV works 10 years, it's fine for 100.000. But panel of my KS died after 1 year.

Last edited:
MU7000, MU8000 and MU9000 will be similar to Q6FN and NU8000 - I’d go for those, if possible. Then set up an alert for price drops on the Q9.

Samsung rumoured to be announcing new flagship model so you might see Q9 drop sooner than expected.

Yes I notice a trend in other countries which differs from here. Pricing isn't always better on older models.

As Zep mentioned what are prices of the MU7000 compared? What about the curved MU9000?

Why not also consider going cheaper or a different brand if going for a stop gap? Maybe other manufacturers have better value for money right now, especially Hisense.

I go read. Hisence TV has none to bad reputation here.

MU7000 is 32.000 in some no-name store, input lag 20 ms I consider ok.
I don't want curved TV. Better even 55 than curved.

I took a look at local resale web. I've found Samsung UN65JS8500 for 10.300 CZK (350 L) in not opened box, more pieces. Price is so low...

I would spend another money driving there and I might have problem with car large enough. So, Is it any good? ... It should be a precedesor of KS, if I understand it right.

EDIT: Not worth it. TV can't be tuned in CZ.

Last edited:
I go read. Hisence TV has none to bad reputation here.

MU7000 is 32.000 in some no-name store, input lag 20 ms I consider ok.
I don't want curved TV. Better even 55 than curved.
Well I think that's a more reasonable stop gap really.. But a gamble with the shop.

Only suggested curve because sometimes you see better TVs on big discounts because people don't want them. Curve means nothing with TVs and isn't large curve like monitors.

Hisense are a great brand, better prices and build quality compared to opposition and are frightening other manufacturers. Not to be ignored. Here in the UK the U7A is incredible value for a new model and is about the Samsung's MU7000s even.

Sony also have some good mid range TVs in the XE85xx series (2017) and Panasonic too in the EX750 range (2017). In EU Panasonic may be named EXW and maybe 780 instead of 750.

As I was browsing for cheaper TVs you've all recomanded here (Thank you!), I found a small store with a good reputation and a good will to make a deal.

Story ends: 65Q9FN + washing mashine + free transport, on it's way for £3000. I saved £500.
Now I'm happy. Rest in peace, my KS. :hiya:

As I was browsing for cheaper TVs you've all recomanded here (Thank you!), I found a small store with a good reputation and a good will to make a deal.

Story ends: 65Q9FN + washing mashine + free transport, on it's way for £3000. I saved £500.
Now I'm happy. Rest in peace, my KS. :hiya:

Nice.

Was loving my QE75Q7FNATXXU fantastic display (after professional calibration). Unfortunately lost a line of pixels last week so is back at Samsung to be fixed / replaced. I haven’t picked up news of failures from the web, so unlucky I guess.

Hello, Q9FN in 65" is at home and after few days I must say I'm very happy owner. :clap:
Everything is better than KS - viewing angles, BLACK, gaming... this is a gem, this TV. The only hindrance is worse support for some movie formats, but I've overcomed it via PC (more at Q9FN forum).

It was worth those money I payed extra. I didn't expect this will be SO GOOD.
If you are in similar situation as me and you can afford it, get Q9FN and not the lower models, no hesitation about it.

I thank everybody for the talk here, it was a great help. :)

Hello, Q9FN in 65" is at home and after few days I must say I'm very happy owner. :clap:
Everything is better than KS - viewing angles, BLACK, gaming... this is a gem, this TV. The only hindrance is worse support for some movie formats, but I've overcomed it via PC (more at Q9FN forum).

It was worth those money I payed extra. I didn't expect this will be SO GOOD.
If you are in similar situation as me and you can afford it, get Q9FN and not the lower models, no hesitation about it.

I thank everybody for the talk here, it was a great help. :)
Great, glad you are so happy, good to hear!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom