Replacement for Pioneer 503MXE Plasma

Katnap

Standard Member
Reaction score
My Pioneer PDP-503MXE has just gone pop after 10 years :(

I'm looking for advice on a replacement, but have not looked at new TVs for several years. Current setup/usage is as follows: Plasma connected via HDMI/DVI to a media centre/HTPC running Mediaportal software for TV series, movies and music. Audio from HTPC to an amp and surround speakers. No gaming or live TV usage (no satellite, cable or freeview), Long lounge means 5m viewing distance.

Looking to replace with 50" or larger.

Thanks ;)

Panasonic 55ST60 plasma

Bit depends on budget...or 65VT60 if the boat is to be pushed out royally

Thanks for the quick reply. As I'm not familiar with current models I have no idea about prices! I could have up to £2000 to spend, but would rather spend less ;)

I'm after advice about what type of TV to go for really. Plasma, LCD, LED, OLED? Given the current usage and viewing distance is unlikely to change in the near future.

A Panasonic 55" VT65 would fit the bill, arguably the best set around this year.

Not great your old set going but its timed it well as this may be the last year for plasma, depending of course on LG and Samsung.

Thanks for the advice. I had a good read around the forums and decided to buy the Samsung PS60F5500 which arrived yesterday . The £892 price tag from BestAVDeals was too good to miss at this time of year ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom