1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for Panasonic MS5 S-VHS CAMERA

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by FANDANGO, Jul 24, 2002.

1. FANDANGO

FANDANGO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Was just wanting a bit of input from anyone in the know.

Have been using a Panasonic MS5 S-VHS camera for a good while now and also have S-VHS VCR decks. I use my PC to edit footage to and from my VCR. I use all the above to produce Wedding videos mostly, as well as other filming projects, and find the running time of S-VHS tapes ( 3 hours) invaluable.

What I would like to do is move into the digital domain, with a view to keeping with the shoulder mounted type camera for stability and cosmetic look while filming, and more importantly having a 3 hour tape or there abouts running time. I would also need a digital VCR to compliment the set-up. My PC would also be upgraded to incorporate DV capture facility.

I am aware of cameras such as the Sony VX9000 (DV) and Sony DSR PD250(DVCAM) but wondered if there were any other options I could consider..........any suggestions........any thoughts on the two cameras mentioned above. Also I would want a digital VCR to have connected to the PC to play back and record............Any ideas !!!!!!!!!!. As usual the budget available is pretty small ( set by the wife).

Any Replies greatfully received.

Cheers
    FANDANGO.....

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    What about a Panasonic NV-MX350B, edit with your PC, don't buy a DV Vcr but keep your existing S-VHS Vcrs.
    Panasonic NV-DV2000EC if you have to.
    Why not consider the DV in capable Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD recorder, now heavily discounted where stocks available.
    The new Panasonic DMR-E30 is due August @RRP £549.00, less than £499 mail order, no DV input but would still let you make wedding DVDs instead of VHS. Only a thought.

3. FANDANGO

FANDANGO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks gringottsdirect

I will check out your suggestions. Its been a while since I've needed to buy anything so I've lost touch a little bit.

Does anyone else have any thoughts to my questions

Cheers

Fandango