Replacement for Oyn-x Mach 2 CCTV unit

Stevenwb

Novice Member
Good day to you all, I'm a new member seeking a bit of advice.

I had a OYN-X Mach 2 CCTV professionally installed about 6 years ago. It has worked well until recently.
I've met the following problems recently.
1. The hard drive packed in, I replaced with one I had lying around, it works now but it is substantially smaller than the broken one, so I will need a replacement.
2. The unit used Orpheus P2P it worked on Android phone but it was no longer available or supported so I managed to find a APK file for an old version for the wife's new phone.
3. My iphone does not support it at all, you get the template for playback but the search items are written in white text so you guess where they would be. I'm quite good at this but whether it finds video is very hit and miss. I carry an old android tablet so I can view playback.
4. I could only use Internet Explorer on my PC to view footage, but this is no longer available on my new PC.
5. I did contact the UK distributors to find out if there was an alternative app. They were very disappointing in their attitude, simply replying the unit is no longer supported". Different when it was installed!!

In view of all the problems, I'm looking for a replacement, I have 6 cameras already with ethernet plugs. I have very basic networking knowledge and I'm looking for advice as to the best and easiest replacement.

Thanking you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4938.PNG
    IMG_4938.PNG
    79.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi Steven, I'm looking to replace the exact same OYN-X Mach 2 NVR unit I only have 4 cameras.
Did you find anything to suit?
There doesn't seem to much help or info available.
TIA
Billy

Stevenwb

Novice Member
Hi Steven, I'm looking to replace the exact same OYN-X Mach 2 NVR unit I only have 4 cameras.
Did you find anything to suit?
There doesn't seem to much help or info available.
TIA
Billy
Hi Billy,
Unfortunately I haven’t heard anything, so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated.
I’d forgotten about it recently, so thanks for reminding me. I’ll have a look round, I think any unit which relies on cameras having the same network plugs will suffice. It’s just that I’m looking for a plug and play system which requires the minimum of technical ability.
Steve

Stevenwb

Novice Member
Hi Billy,
Unfortunately I haven’t heard anything, so if you have any ideas they would be appreciated.
I’d forgotten about it recently, so thanks for reminding me. I’ll have a look round, I think any unit which relies on cameras having the same network plugs will suffice. It’s just that I’m looking for a plug and play system which requires the minimum of technical ability.
Steve
Hi Billy, I came across a firm Domar.com who supply Oynx NVR's, Ive been in touch, mkaybe worth having a look. Their reply was as follows "We would not recommend using 3rd Party Cameras with our NVRs as even without the potential ONVIF issues. The Cameras firmware internally may result in issues with our NVRs which would result in no image being provided from the Cameras, If you are looking for a new NVR and are unsure if the Camera is able to work with the NVR, Then I would recommend looking into getting one of our Kits so that you have a completely compatible system."

I've exhausted trying to find an answer to compatibility and have resigned myself to replacing the cameras as well.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom