Question Replacement for Onkyo tx-nr609

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Utterchaos, Apr 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Utterchaos

Utterchaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

Her we go again, my Onkyo 609 has gone pop. Luckily I got the extended warrantee and so I can get it repaired again or as it's the 3'rd fail Mr Richer will replace it for me...

My speakers are DM601 S2s with a CM6 S2

What to go for?

1. SONY STRDN1060 - Supposedly top sound but no ATMOSor DTS:X
    Would I ever use the ceiling speakers? ... who knows.. Maybe, I can easily wire and install them.

2. DENON AVRX2200W - Has all the bells and whistles but What HiFi said it "Lacks a bit of punch"? even though it's their Best AV amp under £500

3. Yamaha RX-V679 - What HiFis best Amp for under £700 No ATMOS but usually retails for a lot more...

4. Another Onkyo... although they seem to have gone a bit downhill according to What HiFI

5. Something I've not thought of...

6. Get mine fixed, again. None of the other's seem to offer Bi-Amping which I use. I assume though , if I lost Bi-Amping, but had a better overall amp there would be a net gain? (excuse the pun)

Thanks all for your opinions..

2. diver5

diver5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I got a Pioneer VSX-930 from RS late last year and am very happy with it, apart from DTS:X it has everything else the above amps have and more. It will Bi-amp as well although its debatable if this really makes a difference using the same processor and amp.

3. Utterchaos

Utterchaos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers Diver... Didn't look at that one... Will add it to the options