Replacement For No Headphone Socket

StuBu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Up until recently I had a Samsung Smart TV be and late at night used Bluetooth Headphones facilitated by a BT adaptor situated in a USB port ( to get power) and a short lead in to the headphone socket.
Now I have an LG 49UM7050PLF SMART 4K ULTRA HD HDR tv which,of course,has no headphone socket so that sort of adaptor ( as things are)can't be used.
I'm sure there are many in this situation so can anyone suggest a cheap solution.
Pic is of the connections on the back of tv lo.
IMG_20200801_190349.jpg

brand-dark.svg
About our ads
You may also like

There is £3 difference between the prices of the items shown.
Is this a device you use on a TV with no headphone socket?

It's an example of how you could connect Bluetooth headphones......

It's an example of how you could connect Bluetooth headphones......
All very well...but the previous transmitter I used successfully NEEDED a headphone socket to work so I am looking for someone who uses a device on an LG tv THAT DOESNT HAVE A HP socket .I dont want to be buying devices then find they dont work.I dont understand why manfrs thought it a good idea to do away with HP sockets anyway

All very well...but the previous transmitter I used successfully NEEDED a headphone socket to work so I am looking for someone who uses a device on an LG tv THAT DOESNT HAVE A HP socket .I dont want to be buying devices then find they dont work.I dont understand why manfrs thought it a good idea to do away with HP sockets anyway
At least with Amazon there is never any troublein returning items.

Suit yourself - you're the one who mentioned having previously used Bluetooth headphones?

Suit yourself - you're the one who mentioned having previously used Bluetooth headphones?
What's with the "suit yourself" remark. I explained in my OP that my old TV had a HP socket and the BT transmitter used this to work and I could use my BT headphones.
My new TV has no HP socket so that device won't work which is why I am looking for a solution so I can continue to use the headphones.
I don't see why you have a problem with what I am looking for.There must be others who use or want to use headphones to listen to their LG set

You said that earlier

Yes and what is it about it that you don't understand - do you think it isn't suitable?

OP, I'm pretty sure that model has Bluetooth output so if it has you don't need an adaptor.
It should just be a case of going into the TV's audio out settings and pairing your headphones.
Most modern TV's that don't have a headphone socket have Bluetooth for smart speakers or headphones.

Thanks for your reply JayCee.unfortunately this tv doesnt have Bluetooth and the adaptor I used with my old Samsung TV connected via usb AND the headphone socket and that setup worked well.

The adaptor shotokan101 linked to has Optical in (Toshlink) and your TV has optical out so that should work.
Instead of the 3.5mm headphone minijack you used on your old TV to the adaptor just use the new TV's optical out into the optical input on the adaptor and Bluetooth to your headphones.

Yeah that should work.I was wondering if the toslink output could be utilised .what a palaver all because manfrs stopped fitting headphone sockets.

You're welcome.....

Ignore message posted

Last edited:
The user guide for this set is embedded in the product...the options for "Sound Out" in the settings.do not include "Bluetooth"
Searching the userguide for "Bluetooth" returns several instances of the word but nothing that says this specific model has Bluetooth.

I'd be as well buying a soundbar that has BT builtin.:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom