1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for my Philips 32PW9308??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Lord Chubb, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Lord Chubb

Lord Chubb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies to everyone for asking the same question everybody else does but here goes!!:

I've read through the majority of the posting regarding these TV's but can't make head or tail of the conflicting arguements / pros and cons......so I thought I'd start a thread of my own and describe my own situation.

I've just got a Phillips 32PW9308, and instantly by watching Sky, I get a poor picture. It's blocky - and we've discussed this in the "Philips 32PW9308 - poor picture thread".

Anyway decided to get trid of it and exchange, and I wonder which set to get:

I've thought perhaps to get:

TOSHIBA 32ZP38B
    PANASONIC TX32PD30C
    or LOEWE AVENTOS 3981PLA

I'm not really sure about the LOEWE AVENTOS as I've never heard of them!!!

I have to get the set from Comet as it is a warrantly replacement.

I have Sony HTP3100 which is the Htddw750d + Dvpns330 DVD player. The DVD is routed through the Htddw750d for video and digital sound. I also have a panasonic sky box which is also routed through the Htddw750d. The Video output from the Htddw750d goes into the TV through a RGB scart lead.

Which televisions offer the best picture with a SKy box??
    Which televisions are good overall?

To be fair I expected to switch on my Phillips 32PW9308 and think WOW!!!!, but I though, christ that's a sh!te picture!

I can't be doing with tweaking settings when I want to watch a DVD, and then tweaking them when I change back to the SKY box......
    Thanks

Alex

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,512
    I'd definitely avoid the Panasonic PD30 on my experience, 2 duff ones, won't have another one..

Andy