Replacement for my OLED

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by george1979, May 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,404
    Great news @george1979 I forgot actually there is a richer sounds person I could have tagged on here.

Please let us know what you make of the new telly!

2. george1979

george1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Will do mate and thanks again for your advice, it's much appreciated!

Best part is I have almost 2 weeks off work starting next week so plenty of time to play with it :clap:

3. george1979

george1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    So I've had the MU7000 for a few days now. Got it all set up with the new Denon amp which took a bit of work to get everything playing nicely together.

So far I'm impressed with how much TV I've got for 700 quid. It looks smart, the bezel is miniscule and the OS is really smooth. I really like the one connect box as it's made life so much easier when I've been fiddling around getting everything set up with the amp. It's a great idea - I think more manufacturers should copy it.

Also loving how easy it is to get on with. Once I connected the amp etc the set just set the remote up to operate it and that was that, didn't need to do anything else. Press a button and there's an instant response - sounds minor but it's so satisfying after a year of my old LG OLED taking its time over everything.
    Only concern is I think everything might be getting a bit too smart for its own good as my partner was in the kitchen and switched Spotify on, next thing I know the firestick in the living came on and the TV and amp had followed along with it!

Managed to get a game of far cry 5 and battlefield one in yesterday and I can notice the increased colour volume and HDR. It looks really nice, although I'm not sure it helped my game in bf1. Looked good as I was getting murdered though lol.

We watched rogue one on standard blu ray and it also looked fantastic. I still need to sit down with the picture settings to tweak it as I think the reds are a bit oversaturated but I'm pleased with it.

Got a couple of UHD blu rays on the forums so they should arrive in the next few days. Can't wait to give them a try. Thanks again for all the advice!