1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for MXE1 in Pioneer's 5th gen lineup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mantorok, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Mantorok

Mantorok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if Pioneer has a 5th generation version of the MXE1 planned for its new lineup?

The current lineup mentions a "basic" model (FDE). Could this be a replacement? Depends on what it means by "basic" I guess...

I thought the MXE1 has only been available for a short time though so I'm guessing a replacement model will be quite some time after these new models hit the shelves.

Anyone know for sure?

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,592
    Mantorok

The MXE1 Plasma Display range has only just been launched - the press release you linked to is for the NEW PlasmaTV range.

The MXE1 will be current for at least the next 12 months.

Best regards

Joe

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    So Pioneer have listened about the YUV and HDMI conections. YUV is now on input 2 on all models I see. So you lose only a composite/s-video input instead of RGB/HDMI. That will affect less people.

4. kwijibo

kwijibo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Joe,

I am about to purchase a plasma, to be used with a HCPC (in a few months- currently a Pioneer 868 dvd). I am either getting the MXE1, pionner 5th gen, or Panasonic 7th gen. Any thoughts. I am erring towards the MXE1 as I gather it is the most flexible and therefore future ish proof (hi def etc)

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    For HCPC use you could also consider the HD panasonic, whether 6th or 7th gen is of little consequence. The Pioneer 435 is likely to be still limited on the resolutions it can accept via digital input. I have no problem with analogue VGA myself, but as it's on the front panel of the media box, you might feel differently in this case. Cables sticking out of the front are a bit ungraceful, unles it's just your video camera for 5 minutes.