Question Replacement for Monitor Audio Vector VW-8

wolvesphil

Established Member
Reaction score
My monitor audio vector vw-8 subwoofer appears to have failed, this a link to the sub VW8
the main specs are:

• 8" long throw woofer featuring MMP®II cone technology
  • Forward firing driver with downward firing port
  • 100Watt (RMS) class A-B amplifier
  • Rigid MDF construction
  • Non slip rubber feet
  • Auto-on-off facility
  • Variable volume control
  • Variable Crossover/ frequency control from 45 Hz- 150 Hz
  • Switch-able phase control 0-180 degrees
  • RCA line inputs / LFE channel input.
I am looking for something of similar or better capabiilty to replace this with, the main problem is that this will be unexpected spend but I do have £150 in Amazon vouchers available to use if possible... I am not tied to buying on Amazon as I could sell the vouchers to family and then use the cash elsewhere. I would like to have the auto-on-off feature as the unit will be placed the other side of the room.

Any suggestions on suitable replacements, also size wise I don't want it to be too large and if it could be white then it may look better as we have white doors on our BESTA tv units...

I think you may struggle to find something similar, or better for £150. Is there a chance you could save up for a month or two to increase the budget?

Yes I should be able to, what should I look at if that was the case?

I have seen this one which looks good on paper? lower frequency response than the vw8

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO SX120Black Subwoofer

I wouldn't say that loud but I guess volume is relative. Our Yamaha AVR is usually set between -30 and -20

Personally I would save up and look for a bk xxls200, or even check the for sale threads on here. Yes its a lot more budget, but then it a decent upgrade, not just on power output and lower fr, but in terms of sound quality also.

I see a lot of people like the BK's - the gemini 2 looks pretty tempting at the price point as have read that the newer models are closer to the xls200.

Have also found a as-new VW8 on ebay for £135 so decisions decisons...

Saw that one earlier, looks like it's potentially sold.

No worries, I'll keep my eye open see what comes up.
Watched a movie over the weekend and this was the first time I noticed the sub had stopped working - was noticeable...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom