ranz

Novice Member
Dear Friends,

I have been using MI TV 4 55" for the past 3 years and suddenly stopped working, something went wrong with the panel. Mi India
I was completely satisfied with HDR colours and brightness,
Now I am looking for a new TV set which has features of the same colour, I had a Demo of the Samsung Crystal UHD Pro, LG UN71, LGUN80, And other few variants (costs between 65-85K INR) but I don't see the HDR Color Effects which I experienced MI TV. That may be a signature of MI TV and I used to it hence I made a habit of watching movies in That HDR colours, I need the same colours now I don't mind TV brands.

here is my Setup :-DENON AVR 1500H + nvidia shiledTV Pro +firetv 4K+ Kodi or Plex

Are any other TVs has the same HDR colours? if yes plz suggest models

Do I get the same colours in Mi QLED TV 4K 55?

files used for Demo,

Unique ID : 187788242095273259314319292100880453671 (0x8D46B32A62E0644FB0F3B4F032195027)
Complete name : Z:\NVIDIA_SHIELD\Movies\1080p\1917 (2019).mkv
Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@High
HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 1 h 58 min
Bit rate : 15.1 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 1 600 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.103
Stream size : 12.6 GiB (76%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color pri : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light : 168 cd/m2

Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : MLP FBA 16-ch
Format/Info : Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation
Commercial name : Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1 h 58 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 3 810 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 7 158 kb/s
Channel(s) : 8 channels
Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs Lb Rb
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 3.17 GiB (19%)
Title : TrueHD Atmos 7.1
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
Number of dynamic objects : 11
Bed channel count : 1 channel
Bed channel configuration : LFE

Dodgexander

Typically the TVs in your price range are not good options to view HDR material. As long as you buy into something that has a wide color gamut you'll get better colour with HDR, but for a true HDR experience you need to be looking at raising the budget at least to models like the Samsung Q80T or LG BX OLED.

If you have Chinese brands in your country like TCL and Hisense, you may find they have the cheapest avenue to decent HDR pictures, for example the Hisense U7Q is the best budget TV for HDR watching. Its a new model, but the TCL C825 also gets to around 500 nits which is a lot better than other cheaper TVs.

Of course for a proper experience, you still need to spend more money, but those are the best without spending a lot.

ranz

Novice Member
Typically the TVs in your price range are not good options to view HDR material. As long as you buy into something that has a wide color gamut you'll get better colour with HDR, but for a true HDR experience you need to be looking at raising the budget at least to models like the Samsung Q80T or LG BX OLED.

If you have Chinese brands in your country like TCL and Hisense, you may find they have the cheapest avenue to decent HDR pictures, for example the Hisense U7Q is the best budget TV for HDR watching. Its a new model, but the TCL C825 also gets to around 500 nits which is a lot better than other cheaper TVs.

Of course for a proper experience, you still need to spend more money, but those are the best without spending a lot.
Dodgexander, thanks for your comment,

is anybody der familiar with Chinese brands that are available in India?

Dodgexander

Not me I'm afraid, we don't get many posters from India, nor do I know product lines sold there. You could check Hisense/TCLs website and email them to ask about availability?

If you are looking for rivals to the TVs I mention above from Samsung, the Q60T (new model Q60A) comes close. But its also probably more expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom