1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement for Marantz PM66se Integrated amp..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NickXX, Jun 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. NickXX

NickXX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently picked up a pair of B&W 601s3s which replaced some Eltax Liberty 3+'s. I'm running them at the moment with a Marantz PM66se amp (not the KI-Sig version), but I want to upgrade it too. My budget is about £200-£250 for a 2nd hand model I guess. I was looking at the new version of the pm66se - the 6010ose, but I'm not sure it's going to be that much of an improvement.

Basically, I'm looking for something which will go well with the 601s3s, particularly being able to get more bass out of them. I don't really want a reciever unless it sounds better than what I've got at the mo, as I would rather stick with an amp. I'd be willing to spend up to £300 on a receiver if it can do this. When I do go 4.1/5.1, I'd probably just buy another integrated amp to drive the rears.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions,

Thanks in advance,

Nick

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +450
    How about look at the the Rotel RA01 (or RA02 if you want remote control) - £250 (£350); the NAD C320 or C350 - £220 and about £280 (street price) or the Arcam A75+.

These are all new prices for new models that are amonst the best in their price bracket. Not really sure whats around the price second hand ... older Arcam Alpha series, lots of Rotels including pre and power amp combos, possibly Audiolabs and other stuff ... have a look round here and on eBay.

Vikki